Chicken Tortellini Stew
I found this recipe somewhere and have made it a couple times this fall. It has about three veggies I don’t like in it but because it stews and cooks for a while they all taste okay…
3 – 4 chicken breasts cooked and shredded
48 oz. chicken broth
2 small yellow squash, halved & sliced
3-4 carrots, peeled & julienned
1 green pepper, coarsely chopped
1 small onion, coarsely chopped
2 cups, or more, cheese-filled tortellini
3 handfuls, or more, of ripped spinach leaves
1. Place your broth in a large dutch oven along with four cups of water.
2. Add all the veggies except for the spinach. Allow this to boil, simmer, and cook for an hour or so.
3. Add the chicken and tortellini. Keep at a slow boil until the tortellini are cooked through.
4. Add the torn spinach leaves right before serving, mix well.
You can sprinkle shredded parmesan cheese on top…
Chicken Broccali Casserole
This is one of my favorites from home…
4 chicken breast, baked & shredded
(reserve your broth…)
2 cups broth PLUS 1 – 2 additional cups
3 cups uncooked rice
2 medium – large heads of broccali
2 cans cream of chicken soup
2 cups cheddar cheese
1/2 cup parmesean cheese
5 – 6 sliced wheat bread
1/3 cup butter, melted
salt, garlic powder, onion powder, etc.
1. Boil your rice using 2 cups of broth and 4 cups of water. (This just gives the rice a better flavor for this dish)
2. Trim your broccali into small pieces and place in a microwave safe bowl. Place 1/4 cup of water in bowl. Cover with plastic wrap. Microwave on hi for 4 minutes, or so, until broccali is just getting tender.
3. In a 9×13 (or large stone baker) place chicken, cooked rice, steamed broccali and mix together. Add soup and cheese. Add enough broth to make the mixture ‘sloppy’. You can’t really mess it up so just guess your best.
4. Cube your bread into 3/4″ pieces. Add salt, garlic, onion, etc. to taste to the melted butter and drizzle over bread pieces. Spread these on top of the casserole.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or so (until croutons are browned and cheese is bubbling.)
I don’t know if this actually has the five things in it but oh well, it’s good!
4 chicken breast, baked and shredded (reserve your broth)
(I baked mine with garlic, olive oil, & onions. 350 degrees until the meat thing read 180/190 degrees.)
1 box of linguine, boiled with a little salt until al dente’
1 small jar of pimentos (found near the olives/pickles, drained
1 large family size can of cream of mushroom soup
1 cup sour cream
1 large can of mushroom pieces, drained
2 cups cheddar cheese
1 cup Parmesan cheese
1. Mix chicken, noodles, mushrooms, pimentos together.
2. Stir in cream of mushroom soup & sour cream
3. Add enough broth to make it sloppy
4. Mix in cheese and add additional broth if necessary to keep the mixture pretty wet (not puddly but wet)
5. Sprinkle top with a little reserved cheddar cheese
6. Bake at 350 until top is bubbling and slightly browned (about 35 -45 minutes)