A couple weeks ago I was asked what I cook for dinner… here’s a few things that are frequent repeats…
1. Chicken BBQ Pizza (This is great to make a couple days after you make chicken for something else… you shred up the leftovers on pizza crust, bbq sauce, red onion, bacon, and cheddar & mozarella cheese…)
2. Smoked Sausages, Biscuits, and Fried Apples
3. Soup… once a week (potato, chicken tortalinni stew, chili, chicken noodle, etc.)
4. Roast… either pork or beef, although I’m better at beef but it has to be a ‘Chuck Roast’ which is ironic because that’s what we call Charlie…
5. Spaghetti or some form of italian… I’ve been using ground italian sausage instead of beef, which isn’t much more $$$ and it adds so much flavor to anything
With the nice weather though comes the grill and it’s been WONDERFUL! Slap a meat on that puppy, add a veggie, bake a potato (OR… I’ll slice them, add EVOO & salt and bake for fries) and you’ve got a great meal.
My mom got me a subscription to “Healthy Cooking” by Taste of Home and it’s awesome. I’ve been trying to make one newer recipe a week to expand my borders. My newest recipe that I tried was a cashew beef recipe that I modified to use ramaan noodles (I didn’t have lomein) and I really liked it. Stephen, not so much but he doesn’t like chinese food at all.
Anyways, I enjoy cooking but when life cranks up it slows down… but oh well. I’m making desserts this week for probably 100 ladies and I’m looking forward to that… fun!