My life is simply that. A weaving. We live in small town USA and I'm living a life I love…

I’m Up Too Late…

I’m up way later than I wanted to be but I’m ready for camp…  I have everything packed, Stephen’s packed, the kids are gone: safe and sound with grammy & grampa, I am freshly showered and I think everything is taken care of for services tomorrow.  I have to be up in less than 3 1/2 hrs so this will be short but something struck me earlier today…

I have posted several times about the fact that we are fervantly searching out GOd’s will & plan for our lives… and we are.  However,  here’s what hit me. 

Charlie has a late birthday (Sept 22) but our school district is open until Sept 30 for kindergarten.  Over a year ago we started talking about holding or sending him.  We have prayed over and over and over AND OVER again that God would make this a clear decision and give us peace with it.  Charlie is ready.  I have a couple concerns.  One is his size – he’s always towards the bottom of the scale however, he’s scrappy…  And Two – he’s very easy to break into tears…  The later issue I really don’t think that time will help that one and while a year would help his size I have not felt that it’s  a make or break issue.  I don’t really have fond feeling about football and any other sport there’s a position for smaller people :O)

So, long story short – we’ve been gearing up for kindergarten and you must realize that Charlie has been talkinga bout going to kindergarten for well over a year and is SOOOOO excited.

So, as we’re praying for our future direction i have mentioned a possible opportunity has presented itself.  Well, I think, we’re pretty sure, unfortunately, that the school district with this possible opportunity has an earlier cut off – August 30.  CRAP!   So, I’ve been thinking, okay do I petition the school – most school districts allow that for the 30 days following a cut off.  Do I enroll him here so that no matter what happens he can transfer as a kindergartner and beat the system?  ha ha!  Or… (dum, dum, dummmmm…)  All I know is this, as we were walking through Target tonight, Stephen and I were talking through it and it comes to this:  If I have to look at my boy in the eyes and tell him he’s not going to school this year I’m gonna cry… 

Do I allow God the opportunity to show us clearly if Charlie is ready for kindergarten or not?!?

I must be willing to listen to that which is being spoken, through whatever means presented and trust God with the future of our children.  Patience…

Advertisements

One response

  1. Hi! I really appreciate your encouraging comments and prayers. It sounds like we have a lot in common. I will be praying for you and your family. Please let me know if there is something specific I can pray for you. Perhaps God has allowed our paths to cross so we can lift each other up through the journey! Feel free to email me anytime… amberbenge@bellsouth.net

    14 July 2008 at 3:36 am

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s