This is an early Happy Mother’s Day to my mom, my mother-in-law, and all the other moms, especially those friends who are dear to me.
I had decided a couple, maybe a few years ago, that I would make a goal. Not a one year goal but at the time, a goal that would take me several years. That goal was to be responsibly by the time I’m thirty, like my mom. These things include:
1. Always being on time, in fact, having ‘on time’ be late! (Now that would be a miracle)
2. Remembering to take vitamins EVERY morning…
3. Doing a load of laundry EVERY day so that it’s not up to my knees once a week
4. Excersize regularly (My mom puts me and most to shame with her faithfulness to the gym)
5. Planning ahead and remembering everything (b-days, etc. I hate shopping the day of a party!)
6. Mail boxes out for special occassions to out of town family and friends.
7. Mail Christmas cards by December 20 so that EVERYONE gets them before Christmas and not after.
8. Continue to refine my baking skills. (I can make most things take good but they still lack in presentation.)
9. Get up in the morning so that I have enough spare time to spend some time with Him, before starting my day.
10. Pack nutrious lunches and snacks 95% of the time.
11. Make Sunday mornings pleasant and not rushed…
Anyways, those are just a few of my goals that go with my ultimate goal to be more responsible by the time I’m thirty. I have two and a half more years, we’ll see.